London Primary and Community Care Apprenticeship Employer Event
9 February (10am-4pm) – see right hand side for further booking details
Book your place to:
- find out more about the benefits and the opportunities that result from primary care apprenticeships
- find out more about apprenticeship funding – in particular, how to fund apprenticeship courses via the apprenticeship levy and levy transfers
- benefit from peer learning opportunities (including a networking lunch)
- learn more from primary care speakers who have successfully implemented apprenticeships in their organisations
- connect with peers and colleagues.
Training hub leads, Integrated Care Service/Board leads for Primary Care, practice managers, clinical and administrative
primary care staff with responsibility workforce, training, and upskilling (including primary care dental, pharmacy and social care).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the number of spaces you want (if booking more than one space, please include all delegate email addresses)
Supervision guidance now available
Guidance on the Minimum Standards for Workplace Supervision is for healthcare professionals moving into trainee Advancing Practice roles and is specifically aimed at supervisors, managers, employers and trainee Advancing Practitioners.
• Advises healthcare professionals of the Health Education England Centre for Advancing Practice minimum expected standards for supervision
• Is essential for supporting the development of confidence and capability and underpins patient and practitioner safety.
AP supervisor training programme pilot underway
The Faculty is currently piloting a two-day training programme for AP supervisors, covering supervision theory, principles of workplace-based assessment techniques and specific requirements of AP training.
This project is being undertaken collaboratively with the HEE Midlands region and aims to develop the existing primary care First Contact Practitioner (FCP)/AP roadmap supervisor training programme to meet the needs of supervisors of AP trainees across all sectors and areas of specialism.
The pilot will be evaluated later this year with recommendations made for standardisation of multi-professional AP supervision training in England.
Role of Advancing Practice Faculty in London
• Provides leadership and support for Advanced Practitioners, trainees, employers and education providers in London
• Works in partnership with local systems – Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) / Integrated Care Boards (ICBs) to:
o Identify demand and opportunity for AP roles that will meet system and population health needs
o Commission high quality education and training for London’s AP workforce
o Support the supervisory and learning needs of trainees
• Works to help meet ICB demand for Advanced Practitioners with the knowledge, skills and attributes required to provide safe, high quality and sustainable healthcare for the population of London
• Is working with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to undergo HEE accreditation of AP Programmes to assure consistency in education quality.
Find out more about the London AP Faculty’s strategic priorities. https://advanced-practice.hee.nhs.uk/regional-faculty-for-advancing-practice-london/strategic-priorities/
Find out more about the London AP Faculty’s activities / successes – 2021/22. https://advanced-practice.hee.nhs.uk/regional-faculty-for-advancing-practice-london/faculty-activities-successes-2021-22/
How the Faculty for Advancing Practice works in London
The London Faculty for Advancing Practice (AP) was established at the end of 2020 to drive forward change in AP as outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan (2019) and People Plan 2020/21. Through a process of stakeholder engagement, the faculty aims to understand and address local system and population health needs. Its function is to lead and promote advanced and consultant practice as part of workforce solutions that support regional service transformation.
The London region comprises of North West London, North Central London, North East London, South East London and South West London.